What is Search Engine Optimization?
At it’s most basic you could say that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of making your on-line content easy to find. For our purposes here we mostly talk about the stuff you don’t see that gets your site and other on-line content found.
Here are a few of the more basic things to consider
- Keywords (the right ones in the right places in the right amount)
- Written so that it is people friendly (google frowns on what it considers to be unnatural writing, things like stuffing too many keywords into articles)
- Photo labeling
- Meta descriptions
- Links – incoming, outgoing, and within your site
- Strategies for improving find-ability (This is where social media overlaps with SEO)
- Listing in appropriate directories, both large well known ones and ones that are specific to your industry
- A presence on various social media platforms, which provides good links coming into your site and if you maintain an active presence on those platforms it provides a reason for potential customers to click through to your site and interact with your company (think future sales).
- Appropriate link exchanges (again search engines are looking for links they “think” fit the content of your site)
- Provide ways for people visiting your site to share information with other people easily
You get the best results from SEO if you have an ongoing practice of assessment and refinement. That is where we can help you. We will
- Do an assessment to determine what you are doing right and what could be improved
- Do keyword research to determine which ones are best for your site
- Determine what will fit your budget and time-line
- Lay out a plan to improve your find-ability
- If you choose we will carry out that plan for you